Tuesday, December 27, 2011

buying Mj helps save a tree??

yep, you heard me right...if you have some giftcards burning a hole in your pocket, and you need some new sunnies for the new year...check this out: save a tree

and you're doing a good deed too!

the sunglasses are made of a "bio-based material" derived from castor-oil seeds...the case is made from re-purposed leather...im not entirely sure of the percentage of the donation MBMJ will give, but any giving is good giving in my book. I'm excited to see if MJ takes this use of recyclable, bio-degradable and repurposed materials even further....could you imagine some of his bags done this way?! just saying....it'd be pretty inventive, pretty breakthrough...pretty awesome...

in other MJ news...it seems he's finally opening up about all that hype about him taking over the reins at dior and riding the couture pony's saddle for a while...MJ talked to Vogue about it recently...stating "I don’t dream of doing anything else, or I didn’t" in regards to the possibility of him taking over the vacated seat as head designer at dior.



He goes on "There have been on-and-off conversations about Dior. I don’t know; maybe someday in the future, maybe years from now, I may end up going someplace else, maybe Dior. But right now I am at Vuitton, and all that matters to me is that that’s where I am and I’m going to keep doing my thing ... The irony in all of this is that I don’t dream of doing anything else, or I didn’t. My greatest challenge is to do something better than we’ve done the season before. The idea of couture doesn’t hold that thing for me. It’s archaic — in my opinion. I mean, I am really interested in the craftsmanship behind couture. But I can explore all that in ready-to-wear. With couture, one dress each season is photographed by a couple of magazines; there’s no advertising; it reaches 20 customers. I don’t feel there is anything lacking in what we do. I get to work with these amazing craftsmen. Maybe not the same ateliers that would make a couture dress, but, again, we are not in a deficit for working with people who create beautiful things. I am not sure I ever looked at couture as this great opportunity."

the article asks about his previous boy-toy, his mum....and about the MJ girl herself.
"Honestly, I think any woman who comes into our shop — she buys a dress because she likes it. She doesn’t really care what the references are or what a critic writes. Fashion isn’t a necessity. It pulls at your heart. It’s a whim. You don’t need it. You want it."
(vogue magazine)

in that last statement, he basically summed up what the brand is to me. This is why I love the brand, this is why MJ is THE man!

No comments:

Post a Comment